What are the biggest challenges your HR function faces? How do you overcome those challenges – with internal buy-in, while maximising HR’s contribution to the business?
We help you answer both these questions, supporting HR leaders to deliver projects on time, within budget and with quantifiable outcomes.
Underscore HR was founded by Jason West and Joe Ales, two experienced HR Directors with proven track records of delivering over 40 HR Project and Programmes.
Projects have included Global HR Transformations, Shared Services implementations, COE design, build and optimisation, HR & Payroll Systems Implementations, Terms & Conditions Alignment, Outsourcing, Insourcing and Integrated Business Planning.
We bring a unique perspective to delivering HR projects. Whilst we’re certified in Programme Management and have delivered large scale HR Transformation programmes, we’ve also held operational accountability for those functions after they’ve been transformed. We’ve had to work with the consequences of every design decision, every oversight during planning or testing, and still deliver on the promises that secured investment. We’ve also led and advised on remediation programmes when initiatives have got into difficulty. It hasn’t always been pretty but it has given us first-hand knowledge of the things that work and the things that will catch you out in the end.
We started Underscore HR to provide HR Leaders with an enduring capability to deliver successful HR projects and business change. Why? Because the success or failure of projects has a direct impact on HR’s reputation and ability to influence at the strategic level. We’ve seen too many HR projects run as ‘side of the desk’ initiatives that lack structure, run late, overrun budget or don’t quite deliver all the expected benefits.
We’re experienced HR professionals committed to helping companies avoid the pitfalls of HR change and get maximum value from their HR functions. Together we created a unique offering – the capability to develop HR strategies, lead programmes, provide experienced project resources and develop your HR team in the new ways of working that ensure lasting success.
We help our clients succeed by:
- Building business cases that secure investment in new people management capability, systems, processes and operating models
- Planning and delivering projects on time, on budget and to quality
- Supplying the best temporary Project Resources and Subject Matter Experts to design, build and deliver new operating models, processes, systems and HR capability
- Sourcing permanent staff to build your future HR Teams
- Providing specialist training and development to ensure your HR Team and Business Users have the skills, knowledge and experience they need to achieve the benefits your HR Projects set out to deliver
- Providing proven programme and change management methodologies, governance, systems, templates, tools and checklists that put you in control of your projects
With a team of dedicated HR experts, global experience, deep knowledge of HR technology, a network of high-quality Associates and decades of combined expertise, we partner with you to achieve your goals.
Whether you need to implement a Shared Service Centre in a single country or secure investment for a Global HR Transformation, we can help and we’d love to hear from you.